This section contains information and details of services relating to health and wellbeing.
For an overview of health services for children and young people in Southend-on-Sea, please see the Local Context section of the Southend SEND Strategy.
Cick here to find details of health and wellbeing services.
If you have a child aged 0 to 5 you may want to find out about the Health Visiting Service.
Please also review our range of information pages relating to health and wellbeing. If you can't find the information you need please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and wellbeing information
- Neurodevelopmental guides
- Mental health
- Adaptations and equipment
- Dental treatment for people with special needs
- NHS continuing healthcare
- Personal budgets and direct payments for children and young people with SEND
- AV1 Robots
- Annual health checks for people with a learning disability
- Development and Play Children's Service (Jigsaws)
- Continuing care for children and young people
- Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)
- Educational Psychology Service
- Southend SEND: Early Identification and support toolkit
- Update on the Neu Approach Pathway and referrals for neurodevelopmental assessment and support
- Transforming Care
- Designated Clinical Officer (DCO) role
- Book and resource recommendations from parent carers
- What to do if you are concerned about your child's health
- Speech, language and communication support
- LGBTQIA+ information
- NHS Complaints
- Consent to treatment and capacity
- Appointees, deputies and power of attorney
- Vision Impairment
- Hearing Loss
- Support for parent carers of children and young people with SEND