This section provides information and advice about educational and childcare provision and support for children aged 0 to 5 years with special educational needs and disabilities.
Use the childcare provider directory to find details of childminders, nurseries, pre-schools and out of school clubs. The Early Years Team produce a Childcare Sufficiency Report. Read about the sufficiency report here.
Use the early years and education services directory to find details of education settings and support for those in reception year onwards.
We also have a selection of information, advice and guidance pages.
Early years support and childcare (0 to 5 years) information
- EHC Multi-Agency panel
- Parent funding information
- Southend-on-Sea Vision and Hearing Support Service
- Early Years SEND Support Service
- Information for early years practitioners
- Personal budgets and direct payments for children and young people with SEND
- Educational Psychology Service
- Update on the Neu Approach Pathway and referrals for neurodevelopmental assessment and support
- Early years local offer
- Book and resource recommendations from parent carers
- The 'Graduated Response' to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Vision Impairment
- Hearing Loss
- The role of the SENCo