Children's social care provide services under a statutory framework of the Children Act 1989 and Working Together 2018 which include the Children with Disabilities Team.
The team provides advice, support, and practical help to families with children up to 18 years with a disability, who are substantially affected in their everyday living by profound and severe disabilities.
The Children with Disabilities team supports children with various care packages that may consist of direct payments for Personal Assistance support, care or activities at home, care or activities away from home such as after school or holiday clubs; or overnight (short term) breaks away from home. They link closely with all professionals involved in the young person's life from Health, Education and Adult Services and facilitate a transition for a child/young person into adult services beginning preparation from the age of 14 years to the transfer to adult services.
For details of services providing social care support please click here and either view the A to Z of records or use the keyword or postcode search.
Refer to the social care information section for a range of information, advice and guidance.
If you can't find the information you need please email email@example.com
Social care information
- Children with Disabilities Team
- Preparing for Adulthood - Transition
- Adaptations and equipment
- How to request a social care assessment
- Personal budgets and direct payments for children and young people with SEND
- Southend-on-Sea City Council - comments, compliments and complaints
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Support for parent carers of children and young people with SEND