Parents of children aged 2, 3 and 4
Parent of a child aged 2
Your child can get 15 hours of free childcare at a provider of your choice.
- What makes me eligible for 2 year old funding? Check online to see if you are eligible
- If your child is eligible you can go to a childcare provider who will help you apply.
- You can apply to get a code and take it to a childcare provider.
How do I get my code?
- Apply online
- Go to your childcare provider or local Children Centre who can help you apply.
- Text: CHILDCARE to 88440 and a member of the Early Years Team will call you to help
Parent of a child aged 3 or 4
Your child can get free 15 hours childcare of your choice.
- Every 3 and 4 year old is entitled. Your child can receive this funding the term after their 3rd Birthday.
- All you need to do is find a childcare provider of your choice.
Frequently asked questions
When can my child start?
Funding is available from the term after your child's birthday.
1st January to 31st March. Start summer term on or after the 1st April.
1st April to 31st August. Start autumn term on or after the 1st September.
1st September to 31st December. Start spring term on or after the 1st January.
What are the benefits for my child?
Can my provider charge me?
Government funding is intended to deliver free, high quality, flexible childcare. It is not intended to cover the costs of meals, other consumables, additional hours or additional services.
As part of a free entitlement place providers can charge for:
- meals and snacks
- consumables such as nappies or sun cream and for services such as trips