Welcome to the Southend-on-Sea SEND Local Offer. This is where you will find support and information aimed at helping you.
If there is information you need but cannot find it, or if you need information in a different format:
- email us at email@example.com
- message us on social media through Facebook or Instagram
- phone us on 01702 212328
What things do I need to think about as I become an adult?
The SEND Local Offer is here to help you prepare for adulthood.
We even have a team, the SEND Preparing for Adulthood Team. The team supports those in Year 9 who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (or EHCP for short), and those who are likely to find moving on from school difficult.
There are 4 key things you need to think about and start planning for as you move into adulthood. These are sometimes called `preparing for adulthood outcomes':
- higher education and employment, including self-employment if that is something you are interested in
- independent living - so you have choice, control and freedom over your life and the support you have. This includes thinking about where you will live and what support you might need
- participating in your local community and society. This includes having friends and supportive relationships. There are sections about these topics on this page
- being as healthy as possible in adult life
If you have an EHCP, your annual reviews from year 9 onwards will include a focus on preparing for adulthood.