Becoming a childminder
Childminders look after children of all ages in their own home. If you love working with children, it could be the ideal career for you.
Becoming a childminder will allow you to:
- run your own business from home choosing the hours you work and the services you provide
- fit your business around your lifestyle
- provide children with a happy and inspirational environment
- support the children that you care for to grow and develop
- provide quality care that meets the needs of families
- become part of the childcare community in Southend
You will need the following qualities:
- an understanding of, or a desire to learn, how children learn and develop
- commitment to professional development by attending on-going training
- ability to work in partnership with parents/carers and other professional agencies
- ability to run your own business by keeping good records to ensure its viability
Find out more about becoming a childminder as well as tips from those already running a successful childminding business
Find out the costs involved in registering
Check out this short video about childminding.
Are you thinking about becoming a childminder in Southend?
Come to one of our free sessions. The session will help you decide if childminding is right for you.
- Find out what's involved in registering with Ofsted as a childminder
- Find out about the EYFS and other training
To book a session or if you have any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org