If you are a parent carer of a child or young person with special educational needs and disabilities, we know that it can be difficult finding your way “through the system”.
Because of this, the Southend-on-Sea City Council SEND Team are holding monthly ‘SEND Surgery’ events in locations across Southend. The events provide families with an informal opportunity to drop in, ask questions and receive help about a range of areas including:
- what to do if you feel your child of young person may have a special educational need or disability
- the support available for children and young people in education settings through the graduated offer, and what to do if you’re worried your child is not making progress
- how to support and prepare your child for adulthood or transitions
- advice if you're considering requesting an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment for your child or young person
- Education, Health and Care Plans and using the EHC Hub
- home to school or college transport
- services available in the local area to support you and your child or young person
- the SEND Local Offer website
Surgeries run each month between 9:00am and 11:00am. There is no need to book, just come along.
For dates and venues please visit the SEND Surgeries information page.
Who to contact
SEND Local Offer Team