Welcome to the Southend SEND Local Offer. The Local Offer provides information on services and support for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) aged 0 to 25.

On this page we have brought together information relating to questions often asked by parents and carers. You can also search for information by using the search bar feature on this page.

We want the Local Offer to be as useful as possible. If you cannot find what you need, if something is missing, or if you need information in another format, email us at LocalOffer@southend.gov.uk or phone 01702 212328.

I think my child may have special educational needs, what should I do?

For information and guidance read what are special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)? and what to do if you think your child has special educational needs.

I am concerned about my child's development or progess, what should I do?

If you are concerned about your child's progress or development, you should discuss this with your child's education setting in the first instance. For very young children, speak to your Health Visitor or GP.

Southend SEND: What happens next - a Graduated Response to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities has information about how all educational settings accross Southend are expected to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).

I am concerned about my child's health, what should I do?

Information on the What to do if I am concerned about my child's health may be useful.

Southend's Family Resource guide has been written for families with children or young people with suspected or diagnosed neurodevelopmental conditions. It contains information on all things neurodevelopmental (ND), to help families understand the different ND conditions which include, Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia.

Please, also read Essex Neurodevelopment Family Resource Pack.

You may also find a guide called Children's Health Matters useful.

Where can I find details of education settings?

Information about education settings is available on the Early years and education section on the SEND Local Offer.

You can also find information about alternative education providers and special schools.

How can I get involved in reviewing and designing SEND services or give feedback?

To find out how to provide feedback on services or support, or to get involved in reviewing and designing services, please contact the Southend-on-Sea City Council SEND Local Offer Team on 01702 212328 or email us at LocalOffer@southend.gov.uk

You can also contact the Southend SEND Independent Forum (SSIF), the offical Parent Carer Forum for Southend-on-Sea families, by email at: SouthendSendIndependentForum@gmail.com