Transition means a change. This page is about support and advice for when a child or young person moves to a new education setting, key stage of education or a new year group.

All pupils experience changes but some may need support that is different or additional to that which is ordinarily provided and a few may require a more specialist approach.

We have put together links to some websites and resources that may help you in supporting your child's transition.

If you have questions or concerns about the support your child needs you should speak to their class teacher in the first instance or the school Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO). If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) you can contact your EHCP Case Co-Ordinator at

If you found this information useful, please share this page with family and friends.